Welcome to IIOE-2 Metadata Portal....!
This portal provides a quick and user-friendly means by which to identify the various completed, ongoing and planned cruises endorsed by IIOE-2 as well as related scientific activities focusing on the Indian Ocean region.
The metadata records provide basic information about
- where, when, how and by whom the data has been collected.
- the Institution(s) where the data is housed and specific scientist (s) to contact if you are interested in getting hold of and using the dataset.
Salient Features of the portal
- ISO 19115 standards compliant representation of metadata information
- Utilizes GCMD Science Keywords for controlled keyword search
- Provides a simple interface for metadata submission, update and search
- Java EE technologies-based cross platform solution
The portal has two major components:
You can carry out a search of the Metadata available through-
- A Spatial search by entering the coordinates of your area of interest or by dragging the cursor over the map provided to define a polygon in your area of interest
- A Temporal search by providing the D/M/Y of the period of study you are interested in (please note that the portal provides the Metadata details only for the five-year period (2015-20) of IIOE-2)
- Keyword or free text search
- dragging (in terms of co-ordinates or though a drag and create polygon
Please click to view User Guide.